Information We Obtain
We may obtain your personal information in connection with various activities, such as, your use of the Tote Taxi website and/or app, and your delivery and pickup of shipments. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information.
- Shipping information.
- Information provided in response to surveys.
- Username, password and other credentials used to access Tote Taxi products and services.
- Payment information (including payment card details, online payment services number and billing address).
- In addition, when you visit our website, use our app, or interact with Tote Taxi-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. We also may use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites or apps.
- The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our website and app, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and Tote Taxi is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
Among other things, we may use the information we obtain to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments.
- Process and collect payments.
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments.
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with Tote Taxi through social media.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business.
- Perform data analyses.
On our website and app, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests.
You may see certain ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks. These networks track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. This data collection takes place both on our website and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising, please contact us.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena) or in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, adjusting your email preferences in your Tote Taxi profile, or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
Your Access to Information
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of a package or letter may be visible to others.
How to Contact Us